Thursday, June 9, 2011

Turns out that my Italian is so bad, it takes around 5 minutes for me to realize my car radio is on "scan"

Two quick updates!

Remember the picture of the cassatella (ahem, "boob cake") from Allow the Marching Band Plenty of Room as They Parade Through the Inter-mall Grocery Store?  Well, my friend, Moretti, saw my blog and helpfully informed me: "'Rosolio' is a Rose Liquor that is sometimes used to make the Catanese sweet Cassatelle di S. Agata (those cakes that resemble boobs).  This mixed with the dough gives a bit of a greenish color."  The more you know... (cue NBC's PSA music)




Perhaps you recall my mentioning of local/homemade wine sold in what appear to be recycled(?) water bottles, from the entry "Where the sun don't shine" and Other Phrases That Don't Apply in Europe.   I thought you might enjoy a visual.


No comments:

Post a Comment